Since 2000, the low-temperature scanning tunneling microscope (LT-STM) became an essential part of CreaTec product range. In addition to its nanoanalytical capabilities, it allows the precise manipulation of atoms and molecules at temperatures from 4 to 300 K.
Starting with our proven beetle-type STM with highest spectroscopy performance, we have continuously developed this instrument to three different scanning probe systems: a 4K LT-STM, a combined 4K LT-STM/AFM, and a 1 K LT-STM system. The 4 K microscopes are available as beetle-type scanner and PAN-type slider, with different options like e.g. magnetic field, optical access and high-frequency cabling.
All these microscopes offer ultimate STM, STS, and IETS performance including one of the longest LHe hold times, extremely low drift rates, and outstanding stability (dz<1 pm) compared to similar low-temperature SPM systems. State-of-the-art spectroscopy and atom manipulation can be performed on metals, semiconductors, insulators, superconductors, and carbon at low temperatures. The 4K LT-STM/AFM is also well adapted for experiments at variable temperatures ranging from 5 to 300 K.
Our fully compatible low-temperature atomic force microscope (AFM) was introduced in 2007 allowing for simultaneous measurements of force and tunneling current without cross-talk using constant frequency or constant height control.
Key specifications of the CreaTec LT-STM/AFM
- Combined MBE growth and LT-STM/AFM analysis
- Compact multi-chamber design
- Optimized for highest quality surface preparation and fast, reliable transfer
- Optimized for highest resolution LT-STM and AFM state-of-the-art measurements without cross-talk
- Base temperature LT-STM/AFM <5 K
- Lowest lN2 and lHe consumption
- Optimized for long-term low-temperature spectroscopy and atom manipulation
- Lowest drift, highest stability
- Different options:
- Magnetic field in different directions
- Optical Access allowing for laser excitation and photoluminescence experiments
- High-Frequency cabling
- Powerful software package included:
- Large number of high resolution A/D and D/A channels (10)
- Ascii software output
- Internal Lock-In amplifier included as standard
- Special spectra on grid module included as standard
- Best cost-performance ratio
- Ultra short support times